Thank you Shaz Reads for this award! To find out more, please click below the cut.
Also a big thank you goes out to the creator of the award, Okoto Enigma. Okoto writes:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging. And they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate roughly 10 – 20 people for this award
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs
- Ask your nominees five questions
- Share a link to your best/favourite post that you’ve written
3 Things about Myself:
I currently have a few pink highlights on the left/front side of my hair. They used to be blue. I’ve died my hair all natural colours (black, shades of red and blond) and my natural colour is brown. I would dye my entire hair some unnatural colour if I felt I could get away with it. Sadly many people in the world consider unnatural hair colours (eg. blue, purple, pink, fire engine red) to be “unprofessional”. I really wish that one’s professionalism was not judged by such frivolous things. Unfortunately people do judge based on things like hair colour, and given that I work at international private schools with parents from a variety of backgrounds, there’s only so far I feel like I can go.
One of the best things about being an adult (at least to me) is being able to use my own money to do all the things I wanted to do as a kid but couldn’t. I know I might sound a little spoiled and that I’m lucky that I can do all the travelling I do, pay my loans off gradually and pay for different experiences, but part of it is also working hard, being open to opportunities (I work overseas), planning and priorities. I don’t really want kids (though kudos to you if you do have and love your children!) I don’t have a house or a car. I really prioritize experiences! (that being said I do need to start investing once I have my student loans paid off >o< because retirement is really important). I was reflecting on this the other day when driving past some go-carts, because I wanted to try go-carts so much when I was growing up but my parents always thought it was too expensive. To be fair, maybe they were prioritizing other things for us. At the same time as an adult if I want to go go-carting, that’s my own choice! : ) If I want to eat ice cream before dinner, I can do that! If I want to go to Disney World during my vacation time, I can save up (I went to Harry Potter World Osaka during my Chinese New Year vacation).
I really want to fall in love with someone amazing who loves me in return. I’m not going to say that I have zero hope about it, but I used to suffer from very severe social anxiety (in addition to depression). It was extremely severe throughout my childhood and teenage years, and has been gradually getting better since my early twenties until now. Due to my soc. anxiety, I feel like I’m kind of behind on where I should be in terms of social interaction skills. I have been described as quirky, geeky, weird and strange. I mostly see it with a sense of pride (I’ve also been told by someone that I resemble Luna Lovegood, who I love) but I also know that I’m a very unique person so I need another very unique person who’s very into who I am, for things to work. It also took me a long time to figure out I was demi-panromantic and on the asexual spectrum. All those things put together make me wonder if I can realistically ever expect to fall in love and be loved in return. It’s just a lot to navigate. At least I feel like I’ve finally figured myself out, so I try to remain optimistic. : )
5 Questions I Need to Answer
What do you think is the most underrated Disney film?
The Great Mouse Detective is a great Disney movie! I don’t know why more people aren’t on board with it.
Which book would you like to see adapted into a film or TV series?
The Heartstrikers series by Rachel Aaron (the first book is called Nice Dragons Finish Last) or Whyborne and Griffin (first book is Widdershins) by Jordan L. Hawk would both be amazing!
What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?
I’m really partial to both chocolate peanut butter and recently salted caramel : )
Which book has had the biggest impact on you?
Anne of Green Gables or Harry Potter have had the largest impact, no doubt
Skinny jeans: yay or nay?
yay! there are lots of ways to wear them attractively, and they are not difficult to put on if they have a bit of spandex in them (I have two pairs!), and if a person is not wearing them attractively, that’s just your opinion, and it’s the wearer’s business anyways! No one is forcing you to stare at what their legs are encased in XD. Live and let live!
- Reading Every Night
- The Bookish Actress
- The Reading Experience
- Unputdownable Books
- Life of a Literary Nerd
- The Orang-utan Librarian
- The Books are Everywhere
- Booker Talk
- My Midnight Musing
- Thrice Read
- Wonderless Reviews
Questions for the People I Nominated
- If you were forced to do one of these things or else die – would you rather bungee jump or tandem sky dive? (assume you were at a legit safe place with people helping who were licensed and knew what they were doing) Also would you be excited to do either or both?
- If Pokémon were real, do you think you’d want to have and/or train and/or keep Pokémon? Why or why not? (no copouts like, “well I don’t really watch/play Pokémon,” just give me something!)
- If you were forced to be a sea pirate or a sky pirate (think steampunk style 😉 ) which would you want to be and why?
- Name one kind of food you really want to try and haven’t tried yet. Or if you are more picky name one food you would be ok with trying if put in a position of trying something new!
- What animal / Pokémon / Fantastic or mythical beast real or not real do you identify most with and why?