Hello one and all!
I was nominated for this by Vrinda @ A Bookish Human. The Liebster Award is for bloggers with 200 or fewer followers. It’s an online recognition given to new bloggers as a token of appreciation for their blogs and posts.
So now, as per the rules, first step in accepting the Liebster award is to discuss one of my favourite blogs to visit. For this, I am going to choose Just Love: Queer Book Reviews as I find out about all kinds of new queer lit from this blog! The reviews are also well written and multitudinous. If you are interested in reading more queer lit, I recommend this blog!
Step 2: Answer the questions by Vrinda.
1. Your favourite fictional character of all time, just one ! (I know you’ll write more than one, but I like to be satan at times) ?
I love Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables. She is just so secure in being herself, even though she is so quirky and daydreamy and different. She also works hard and wants to make her adopted parents proud, but never at the expense of giving up the most important parts of herself. I also think she would also be an amazing friend!
2. A talent you wish you had ?!
I wish I was more coordinated, athletic and could remember physical sequences better. Why all of these together? Because I’d love to remember martial arts moves and sequences and be a better dancer.
3. Genres you don’t like ?
western, dinosaur erotica (it is an actual thing, look it up though tbh I do want to read one just for the lols). I typically don’t like mystery unless there’s something else involved that I love, like fantasy elements, action/adventure, certain sci-fi elements or romance between two characters I love. That being said I haven’t read any Sherlock Holmes or Agatha Christie yet so I’m going to give the classics a try at some point.
4. Your favourite cuisine ?
Korean! I lived in Korea for 3 years and just love the strong garlic, onion and hot pepper flavours!
5. What type of posts do you enjoy writing the most?
I usually love writing tags, unless one of the things asked of me in said tag involves a lot of time and searching.
6. Your biggest blogging struggle ?
Blogging on a schedule, but then I am moving jobs, countries, cities and houses at the moment, and am currently on vacation in Canada and doing a year’s worth of clothing shopping in a couple of weeks, while being jet lagged, so that would do it!
7. If you had a pen name, what would it be?
I have thought of this before, but I feel like I’d just prefer to use my own name as I’d like to make my own mark on history. ; )
8. Your favourite TV shows ?
Sailor Moon, Escaflowne, Twelve Kingdoms, Nodame Cantabile, Yuri on Ice, My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox, Coffee Prince, Rupaul’s Drag Race, Game of Thrones
9. The most creative thing you’ve ever done ?
I write children’s stories, have a youtube channel and a blog. I also had a youtube channel in the past and my favourite of those videos are the montages of an areas to classical music. I’ve also been in many musicals and plays in the past and write my own chants in my mind. I’m also an elementary teacher who frequently creates my own materials when I can’t find things that work for me. I don’t know if I consider any one of those more creative than other things.
10. Your hobbies apart from reading and/or writing ?
I love to sing and walk around in urban areas around the world while travelling and living in different countries.
11. A description of your ideal day.
Currently I’m on a lazy vacation so – 1. sleep in, 2. drink some coffee and eat some delicious food, 3. take a bath while listening to an audiobook, 4. eat more delicious food throughout the day with no effect whatsoever on my waistline (we said IDEAL right? A woman can dream!), 5. Hang out with awesome individual for a few hours and just chat and have fun, 6. watch a movie I like or read or listen to an audiobook, 7. Ice cream or cheesecake and more coffee!, 8. someone comes to my house and tells me I’ve just won a pile of money that will enable me to pay off all my debts (including student loans) and also be able to save some, 9. someone comes to my house to give me an awesome scented oil massage for free, 10. Pet some happy dogs, 11. Find out that I’m going to have the ideal house for me in Japan and with no deposits, 12. Go to bed relaxed, sated and happy with no worries.
Now 11 questions for the people I tag:
- Where do you live and where have you lived? (you can speak in general terms like city, state or country)
- What’s your favourite kind of dessert?
- What was your favourite book to movie or tv show adaptation and why?
- Do you know how to drive / want to learn how to drive? If you already know – When did you learn? Do you like driving?
- What’s your favourite animated cartoon, anime or movie as of now?
- What’s your favourite thing to do after work?
- What’s your favourite drink (alcoholic or non) barring water?
- What is your favourite genre of movies?
- What was one of your favourite tv shows during some stage of your childhood?
- Which are best and why: dragons, zombies or unicorns?
- What song or band is currently your jam? (embed video or mp3 if possible so we can all listen)
STEP 4: Tag 11 people. I tag/nominate :
- Books Teacup and Reviews
- Journey into Books
- Kyera’s Library
- The Clever Reader
- Night Mode
- Chain Interaction
- Weatherwax Report
- Writing Bookish Notes
- The Cloud Runner
I recommend checking out all of the above, clearly!